Oil on canvas
370 x 600mm
As the title indicates, this painting shows Saint Marys Bay, Tāmaki Makaurau. The area has radically changed since the work was created. The boats shown are premonitory. The eponymous bay has been subsumed by Westhaven Marina. There is no longer a foreshore.
Further Info Hide Info
InscriptionsA Aldis. 1888. [l.r.]
Fletcher Trust Collection, purchased from Webb’s, Tāmaki Makaurau, 3 December 1987, lot 158