Watercolour on paper
450 x 725mm (image); 900 x 1150mm (frame)
A label on the frame of this work is engraved ‘A Gift from the Howard Booth Estate’. William Howard Booth (1877–1966) was the only son of William Booth, who founded a well-known timber firm, W. Booth and Company, in the Wairarapa in 1874. This was eventually taken over by Kauri Timber. The New Zealand interests were purchased by Fletcher Holdings.
InscriptionsC. D. Barraud / NZ. 1890 [l.l.]
Fletcher Trust Collection, gift, via J. R. Fletcher, of the estate of William Howard Booth
Collection and estate of William Howard Booth